In Search of the Perfect Gyudon: Dasma's Little Secret

And my search brought me back to my second home, in the quaint town of Dasmarinas, Cavite... There's a little known joint, just a stone's throw from Nicasia.. It's been there since 2 years ago, and their Gyudon hasn't changed since ... And surprisingly, it's one of Dasma's best-kept secret.

Takumi's beef bowl is fairly priced, considering this is just a small establishment... But you get more than your money's worth.. The serving is adequate, but a striking difference from the more commercialized beef bowl, is the addition of green onion leeks, admixed with onion strips and shitake mushrooms... One noteworthy difference also, is that the beef strips taste somewhat like, well, beef tapa, rendering somehow a more Pinoy taste to this signature Japanese dish.

Overall, I admit I'm slightly biased, since their joint is very accesible to me, although on its own, it is a must taste to any gyudon addict!

Gyudon Beef Bowl
P180 per serving
Takumi Japanese Restaurant 
Dasmarinas, Cavite
Rating: 4 stars!!

(originally posted on March 13, 2008 in http://volvox23.multiply.com/reviews/item/5)



Written by

0 comments: